How SkinVision helps Healthcare Professionals
- Improving the remote care, SkinVision serves as a bridge to connect health care providers to patients in the countries where it is available.
- Patients can send a complete comprehensive report with high-quality images of their skin spots, evaluated with our medical device, to their healthcare professional to be visually assessed. With additional information, such as users’ risk profiles and the skin spot outcome of our clinically validated algorithm, SkinVision aid care providers’ clinical decision-making.
- Using SkinVision can be the prompt for healthcare professionals to book a follow-up consultation with the patient, ensuring timely access to care when necessary and better health outcomes.
- Personalised tracking functionality that helps patients to monitor their skin over time.
- From prevention to accurate indication of risk in skin lesions, SkinVision empowers people to address their skin health concerns and better manage their health journey.
SkinVision Medical Service
Here’s how SkinVision works, for you and your patients.
SkinVision is a regulated medical service.
- Patients can send a high-quality image of their skin spot to their healthcare professional to be visually assessed.
- Healthcare professionals receive the outcome of our clinically validated algorithm to inform their own diagnosis
- Using SkinVision can be the prompt for healthcare professionals to book a follow-up consultation with the patient
- SkinVision’s tracking functionality helps patients monitor their skin over time and to send updates when needed
Patients take photos of skin spots
Patients take high quality photos of worrying skinspots. Photos are instantly risk assessed with our clinically validated algorithm.
Patients share worrying skin spots
If the spot is high risk, or the patient has concerns, they share high quality images and the risk assessment directly with their health care professional through the app.
Healthcare professional assessment
The healthcare professional views the photo and risk assessment and decides whether to follow up with the patient for treatment.
The patient can use SkinVision for ongoing monitoring and continue to contact their healthcare professional when needed.
SkinVision was developed by leading dermatologists and mathematicians
- Regulated medical device helping to detect skin cancer
- Available via an app for iPhone and Android
- Uses a clinically validated algorithm to detect similarities between photos of skin lesions
- Sensitivity and specificity are higher than the current Standard of Care for detecting malignant melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma
Publications and Clinical Evidence
We collaborate with leading medical centres and experts in the field of dermatology to ensure the safety and effectiveness of our device by clinically evaluating our performance. A study is underway with researchers from Erasmus Medical Center in the Netherlands to determine the latest accuracy.
Accuracy of a smartphone application for triage of skin lesions based on machine-learning algorithms.
08 SEPT 2019 - Retrospective Accuracy Study
mHealth App for Risk Assessment of Pigmented and Nonpigmented Skin Lesions-A Study on Sensitivity and Specificity in Detecting Malignancy.
23 DEC 2017 - Eindhoven Clinical Validation Stud
Accuracy of a smartphone application using fractal image analysis of pigmented moles compared to clinical diagnosis and histological result.
08 SEPT 2019 - Munich Clinical Validation Study
SkinVision partners with clinics, dermatologists, doctors, hospitals, health insurers, pharmaceutical companies, governmental institutions, charities, NGOs, melanoma patient support and advocacy groups and commercial and non-commercial organisations focused on skin health, skin protection and skin cancer prevention.
Our Science & Dermatology Team
SkinVision was founded by world-class dermatologists and mathematicians and continues to work with dermatology experts, skin health professionals, and researchers from around the world.
Daniel Mark Siegel
Prof. Dedee Murrell
Prof. Thomas Ruzicka
SkinVision for Doctors - Contact Us
Want to see high-risk patients in time with SkinVision?
Fill out the form below so we can set up your system
Receive codes and information you can send to patients
Patients download the app and take photo of their skin spot
Patients email you their risk assessment and a high quality photo of the skin spot
Please fill out the form below so we can set up your system. You will receive codes and information for you to send to patients. After they download the app they can start sharing their skin assessments with you. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at